Building content brands with social purpose
Naturally, we're proud of all the work we do for our clients, but there's a special buzz that comes with knowing that our content projects are also helping brands do good in the world.
So we found plenty to cheer in the latest Corporate Responsibility report from Pentland – whose family of brands including Berghaus, Speedo, Kickers and Lacoste we've been working with for more than five years.
We learned, for instance, that the Swim Generation (which has been running for three years but which we helped Speedo launch publicly with a suite of foundational content and materials in May 2017) has already ticked off some major milestones. The global initiative has so far:
- provided more than half a million free lessons on water safety and swimming
- helping to make more than 50,000 children safer in the water
- trained more than 130 swimming teachers and lifeguards
- reached over 630,000 young people through campaigns on water safety to prevent drowning
- established projects in 12 countries, from Argentina to Sri Lanka
The report also revealed that more than 40% of the Berghaus active outdoor clothing range carried the MADEKIND™ symbol – as part of the sustainability platform we helped the brand develop in 2016 – conforming to strict eco-friendly criteria (at least 50% recycled content, or are made with Colourkind™ fabrics, or contain at least 90% bluesign ® approved fabrics).
Congratulations to Pentland – whose corporate site content (including CSR section) we also produced – and thanks for letting us play a small part in your mission to build brands with a social purpose.