Senior Account Manager
Are you an ambitious, talented and highly motivated account manager ready to join our team in Shoreditch, east London? Help us write the next chapter in our success story.
As a result of continued growth, we’re looking for someone to help us deliver the next and most ambitious chapter in our story so far. The successful candidate will be well organised. You’ll enjoy a challenge and have experience delivering ambitious projects on behalf of some great brands in your previous roles.
You’ll be energised by the type of work we do (think fast-paced projects, multiple deliveries, problem solving…lots) and will energise those around you. This is an opportunity to grow, lead, progress and work alongside a team of supportive and talented people.
Reporting to the client services director, you’ll have a key role helping to inspire and lead the team in order to ensure smooth workflow and successful delivery of client projects across all channels including digital, social, video and print.
Working alongside our senior team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Lead some of our most important and exciting client initiatives, from briefing, strategy and planning, through to resourcing and final delivery of projects.
- Devise and execute key customer strategies that will help to strengthen our ties with the leading brands we currently serve, ensuring sustained growth for the agency.
- Play a pivotal role in the acquisition of new customers for Speak Media, from building awareness of our brand USP among leading marketers in the network (ours and yours), through to delivery of successful pitches.
- Help to shape Speak’s longer-term strategy based on the market knowledge and insights you aquire as a senior figure within the client-facing team.
- Build and manage a team that supports you in delivering the ambitious client plans you’ll be developing in your first year.
- Report on all aspects of client activity (team performance / pipeline / work in progress / opportunities) at monthly management meetings.
- Ensure ‘best practice’ content creation/strategy/marketing processes are followed, and set the standard for the quality of output for the team to follow.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive package and a real share in our success. You’ll be given the autonomy and support to make your mark and get the job done, and be welcomed into a highly motivated team environment and one of the best work locations in London – with Brick Lane, Spitalfields and Shoreditch right outside the door.
If this sounds like your next challenge, get in touch.
To be considered for the role, please review the skills/experience requirements listed below, and email your CV and a covering letter – explaining why you'd be the perfect candidate.
- Project management (multi-channel) – a love of the spreadsheet, as well as the latest proven PM tools also available.
- Relationship management - if there was a MENSA for EQ you’d be there - you’ll also have a minimum of 3 years in a role managing and growing major accounts.
- Collaborative approach with experience of managing others.
- Self-motivated, organised and great at managing workload and deadlines.
- Exceptional communicator, whether over the phone, on email or presenting to larger audiences.
- Good understanding of the budgeting process and clear on the levers that will improve margins for our business.
- Excellent understanding of content trends and best practice including SEO, social and content marketing.
- Passion for marketing communications.
- Keen interest in personal and professional development.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint (or similar) - intermediate to advanced.
- Experience of Google Analytics.
- Experience of publishing process, including editorial workflow management.
- Experience of email marketing.
- Video production.
[Please note, due to anticipated high response to this role, we'll only be able to reply to successful candidates. If you don't hear back from us, you've not made it through this time - but we'll keep your details on file and let you know of relevant opportunities in future.]
No agencies, thanks.